ArticlesSTOP CELEBRATING THANKSGIVING ! (2016-11-24)
APPEAL FOR THE ITALIAN MEMORIAL AT AUSCHWITZ (2015-03-22)
GREEN ECONOMY IS AN ENEMY (2012-12-05)
STOP CELEBRATING OCTOBER 12! (2012-05-16)
THE BAN OF THE JEWISH AND ISLAMIC SLAUGHTER IS A VIOLATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS (2011-06-17)
“JUDAISM AND ISLAM. RULES FOR A NEW GOLDEN AGE” (2011-03-14)
@ITALY, TWO HUMAN RIGHTS DEFENDERS FROM EVERYONE GROUP RECEIVE A PENAL ORDER (A CRIMINAL CONVICTION WITHOUT GOING TO TRIAL) FOR THEIR HUMANITARIAN WOR (2010-02-18)
LET US CANCEL THE PAPAL VISIT TO THE SYNAGOGUE (2009-12-29)
ITALY & EUROPA STOP PERSECUTING ROMA PEOPLE ! (2009-11-16)
EUROPA & AMERICAS STOP CELEBRATING OCTOBER 12 ! (2009-10-12)
JOINT STATEMENT (2009-04-24)
YOU DON’T NOT NEED TO BE A JEW TO OPPOSE THE ROMA PEOPLE DEPORTATION ! (2008-07-13)
PIUS XII AS PIUS IX (2005-02-08)
APPEAL FOR THE ITALIAN MEMORIAL AT AUSCHWITZ
Author: Gherush92 Committee for Human Rights and Accademia di Belle Arti di Brera
SIGN AND SEND THE FOLLOWING TEXT TO :
email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ;
Mr Paolo Gentiloni
Ministro degli Affari Esteri e della Cooperazione Internazionale
President Matteo Renzi
Presidente del Consiglio
His Excellency Woiciech Ponikiewski
Ambasciatore della Repubblica di Polonia in Italia
(Ambassador to Italy of the Polish Republic)
Upon the premises that:
- The Italian Memorial at Auschwitz commemorates and celebrates all Italians, Jewish men and women, Rom gypsies, gay people, political dissidents, all deported to the Nazi concentration camps, among whom the very creators of the Memorial as a work of art.
- The Memorial and its placement in Block 21 possesses a high artistic and educational value based on direct eyewitness testimony.
- The Memorial was conceived and created contextually in light of the designation of Auschwitz as a UNESCO site in 1979 and being an integral part of the site should be considered the world heritage of all humanity.
- To remove forcefully the Memorial from its natural context in the extermination camp in order to transfer it elsewhere is tantamount to a destruction of the work and its meaning.
- The ideological and political motives that have led to the censure and closing of the Memorial and that are pressing for its removal are anachronistic and inadmissible: there is an attempt to erase established historical facts and established historical responsibility in regard to the extermination and the liberation of the camp. The Memorial itself documents these facts and these responsibilities.
- One can perceive in the removal of the Memorial violations of Human Rights, International Law Property Rights as well as a violation of the International Convention for the Safeguarding of the Cultural Heritage of UNESCO and the crime of the destruction of cultural and artistic products.
In light of these premises, I ask that the Memorial not be removed from Block 21 of the Auschwitz Extermination Camp, an integral part of the Memorial and that it be reopened immediately to the public, restored and enhanced with appropriate explanatory educational materials.
Gherush92 Committee for Human Rights
Accademia di Belle Arti di Brera